The Eco Cottage
The 200 sq. ft. Eco Cottage is a nature lovers’ retreat for two. It has a double bed, lovely shower bathroom, a table for work or eating, a fridge, microwave, tea kettle with coffee and tea making supplies, and a small private outdoor eating area. It is a very peaceful private space for those looking for a quiet and simple accommodation in the Hudson Valley of Upstate New York.
As with all of our accommodations, sustainability is the primary factor throughout the process. Sustainable features used in creating this accommodation include:
- Locally harvested wood
- Shower walls have resourced chalkboards from a school across the river
- All plumbers, stonemasons, carpenters and electrical tradesmen live in the county
- Reused wooden windows and sink were also locally sourced
- Insulation is made of recycled cotton denim
- Fuel-efficient monitor heater is used to heat the 15’x10′ space
- Water is solar heated
- Paints are all low VOCs, and some are milk paint from our own dyes and milk
- Toilet is a Clivus Multrum – NYS building-code-approved and odor-free
- Friedrich Air Conditioner is a top-rated Energy Star unit
- Windows open with screens in summer
- Chemical-free cleaning products for laundry and general cleaning
- Natural fiber bedding, rugs, and window coverings
- Small fridge, teakettle, microwave, coffee and tea making supplies
- Outdoor eating area
- Private parking
- Good Wi-Fi
$175.00 per night includes use of pool and property
The Garden Cottage
This cozy little 300 sq. ft. building built in the 1950’s was formerly a milk house for the dairy on our property. Over the winter, we have transformed it into a cute, country cottage perfect for your romantic vacation getaway with a queen bed, a little bathroom, and a separate shower room. Right outside the back door of the cottage, you’ll find a cute little screened-in “Camper Kitchen” for anyone interested in making breakfast for their beloved. It has pots and pans, cooking utensils, a few herbs and spices, dishes etc. You’re welcome to peruse our gardens for herbs and veggies in season to supplement your breakfast creation. We call it the Garden Cottage because it is surrounded by gardens and flowers and offers a lot of privacy.
- Air conditioning
- Gas fireplace
- Tea kettle with coffee and tea supplies
- Gas stove with pots, pans, dishes, silverware, and cookware
- Radio and Apple TV
- Composting toilet
- Lovely hot water shower
- Writing desk
- Natural fiber bedding
- Chemical-free cleaners used in laundry and room cleaning
- Saline pool during the summer
- Cross-country skiing in winter
- Hammocks, campfires, outdoor seating, nature-filled pond, and meadows
- Off-street parking
Staying at Thyme in the Country Cottages
Welcome to our eco-friendly cottages here in Upstate New York’s Hudson Valley. We look forward to your visit, and request that you consider our standard policies and discount incentives for your stay.
With a weekend booking, we ask that you join us for at least two nights on standard peak-season weekends, and three nights on Holiday and Festival weekends. Single-night weekend stays may be arranged throughout the off-season (November 30 to May 1) at the discretion of the innkeeper.
Reservations and Cancellations Your reservation is held with a credit card. In the event that your plans change after your reservation is made, cancellations made 14 days or more prior to your stay will be charged a $25.00/room/night fee. Cancellations 14 days or less (9:00 AM) before your scheduled stay will be charged a fee equal to a one-night stay. If you cancel your reservation 3 days or 72 hours or less (by 9:00AM) before your visit or you do not show up at all, you will be charged for the entire stay.
Cash, check or credit card. Please note those that pay with cash or check receive a farm product from our gardens or a free carafe of shade-grown, fair trade, fresh-ground coffee,
Enter your credit card info to hold the room, and you can pay with a check or cash at checkout.
Smoking is not allowed inside the cottages. Smoking is permitted outside the cottage in designated areas only.
We do not accept pets, sorry.
Room rates are subject to an 8% sales tax.
Late check-ins are not a problem. Please give us a call along your way with your approximate arrival time.
Standard rates are per night and assume 2 guests per room. There is not enough room in either cottage for an additional cot, yet we do welcome children. Little ones up to 6 yrs. old can sleep on a featherbed which we will place in your room for an additional $25.00. For kids 12 years and up, it’s best to rent the second cottage. These rates are subject to change without notice.