We’ve got the perfect getaway for couples or individuals looking for socially distanced vacation:
Our Eco-cottage (which sleeps two) is available for stays both short and long. It provides a sustainable accommodation for those looking to reduce their carbon footprint. It is private and comfortable and has good WIFI.
The list of environmental features is long:
– Local sustainability: all wood harvested locally, within 100 miles of our home
– The chalk boards used in the shower walls are resourced from a school across the river
– All plumbers, stonemasons, carpenters and electrical tradesmen live in the county
– Reused wooden windows and sink also locally sourced
– Insulation made of recycled cotton denim
– Fuel efficient monitor heater used to heat the 15’x10′ space
– Water is solar heated
– Paints are all low VOC’s and some are milk paint from our own dyes and milk
– Toilet is a Clivus Multrum – NYS building code approved and odor free
– Air Conditioner is top rated energy star Friedrich air conditioner
– Windows open with screens in summer
– Chemical-free cleaning products for laundry and general cleaning
– Natural fiber bedding, rugs and window coverings
– Organic breakfast include in your stay.
– Dinner is optional
– We serve organic food grown on our farm
– Tranquility – the cottage is separate from the B&B, which makes the space very peaceful and private (nice for those traveling with babies)
– The price: $175.00/night, which includes breakfast, use of pool and property
Swim in the salt-water pool, nap in the shade-covered hammocks, learn the rhythms of our bucolic life, and lose yourself in all the flora and fauna of summer thyme in the Hudson Valley.
Call 518-672-5623 for more information.